It features a large APS-C size 16 Megapixel "X-Trans CMOS" sensor and "EXR PROCESSOR II" in order to offer impressive color reproduction and high resolution.
The most important with Fuji X series cameras is the X-Trans CMOS sensor, which incorporates an original color filter array with a highly random pattern, eliminating the need for an optical low-pass filter (OLPF). OLPF filters are used in most DSLR systems to inhibit moiré at the expense of resolution. The X-Trans CMOS sensor array lets the sensor capture unfiltered light from the lens, achieving an unprecedented level of resolution.
Fujifilm X-M1 Feature Highlights
- Extremely high quality images, Super fast AF, Crisp and clean low light shooting
- 16.3 MP APS-C CMOS X-Trans Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Exceptionally low noise even at high sensitivity.
- 0.5 sec Start up time and 0.05 sec shutter lag.
- 5.6 Fps High speed continues shooting.
- 3" Tilting Screen/ 920k Dot LCD
- WiFi / Fn button for wireless communication and quick access of user functions.
- Q Quick manu access button.
- Artistic Filters
- Built in auto bracketing functions
- Hot Shoe and Built-in flash
- Fully manual and easy automatic operation with advanced SR Auto.
- New Fuji XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Lens (2.5 stop OIS) 24-76mm Equivalent
Update: August 2013
Price & Availability:
Fujifilm X-M1 black with XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Lens is available from Amazon.com
Fujifilm X-M1 Specifications at Fujifilm.com
Fujifilm X-M1 Brochure (pdf)