It seems I was always entangled in other projects, postponing their review.
Given some initiative from readers requests, I communicated with Chris Hejnar and finally arranged to get one for evaluation and review.
The Hejnar MH Monopod Head has passed from different phases of evolution and improvements resulting to the latest MHR1 model, pictured here.
This latest model features a robust Hejnar 6 cm (2.36") Quick Release clamp with a long screw knob, easily relocatable into three positions in relation to the tilting axis.
Below, you can see some specs for starters.
- Weight 14.5 oz (411g) with clamp
- 1.5 inch wide square base
- Height without clamp 3.25 inch. Height with clamp 3.875
- Mounting 3/8-16 socket on base
- Bidirectional dovetail design on base
- Precision C.N.C. machined from 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Compatible with Kirk, R.R.S., Arca-Swiss, and many other Arca-Swiss style Quick release plates and clamps.
- Stainless steel hardware.
- Made in USA
- Black hard coat Anodized surface
I hope to finish testing and have some field experience with it soon, so I present a full featured review accordingly.
All Photos © 2014 S.C.Vlachos
Price & Availability:
Current price for the MHR1 Monopod Head is US$ 165.00 (+Shipping where applicable) and are available from Hejnar PHOTO Store.
Check the Recommended Sellers page for a valid Hejnar Photo discount coupon.
Benro MA-96 EX Fliplock Aluminiuim Monopod Review
Triopo GL-70 Carbon Fiber Twist Lock Monopod Review