The 190 and 055 series have been the choice of photography professionals and enthusiasts for many years but they started showing signs of age compared to competition.
The newly launched collections bring a lot of innovations sharing the same design characteristics but differ in tube size and hate, making the 190 the compact solution leaving the role of heavy load bearer to the 055.
Both 190 and 055 collections come with a completely redesigned 90° center column mechanism which retracts within the top casting, thus lowering the center of gravity and promising enhanced rigidity.
Besides that they offer:
- Redesigned Quick Power Locks (Leg lever locks) with higher locking power.
- Solid & Fast to Set Up Completely extend the legs with one-hand opening.
- Versatility of 90° column and redesigned leg angle latches with 4 leg angles allow to reach any position.
- New flat top mounting plate with rotating bubble level.
- New Easy Link attachment in the top casting, allowing the tripod to expand shooting possibilities by holding a LED light, reflector or other accessory, and turning it into a mobile studio.
Or the "New 055, Overpowered" video:
The new collections are comprised of Aluminium and Carbon Fibre models, with 3 or 4 leg sections, all featuring the 90 degree horizontal column. And come either stand alone or in kits with ball and 3-way heads.
I hope you found the information useful, thank you for viewing.
All Photos © 2014 Manfrotto.com
Price & Availability:
The new 190 and 055 tripod series will be available from major retail outlets soon. At the moment only the new 190 series is available from Manfrotto direct, but prices are higher by 20-37% depending on model compared to the previous 190 series.
If you are interested in the above product(s) or any other product please consider using the relevant link(s) below to make your purchase and help support this site. Your support is needed and greatly appreciated.
New 190 Collection Catalogue with Specs (pdf)
New 055 Collection Catalogue with Specs (pdf)